Thursday, August 5, 2010

Walking with the ducks

Every morning I take the bus into work at the Penn State Library. When the weather is nice I get off several stops before the library and walk up the mall in the center of campus to get to the library. Campus is still quite and I enjoy the walk and find that it help me get in the mood to handle a desk job for 8 hours each day.

My favorite part of my morning walk, however, is my interaction with the ducks. About half way up they mall there is a group of ducks. They are almost always hanging out in the same place and since they are campus ducks they are completely comfortable around people. So, every morning I say good morning to them and they walk a little ways with me. I don't know whey I enjoy this experience so much, I have always loved ducks there is something happy about them.

Some people want to go to Spain to run with the bulls but I find that I am quite happy and content to stay here in Pennsylvania and walk with the ducks.

4 comments:

  1. haha thats cute! "Im happy to stay here in PA and walk with the ducks." I like that. We need to do another girls day asap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do need to hang out soon, Brittany!Are you back in State College now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabella spent a good deal of time while I was eating Creamery ice cream (Peachy Paterno, of course) at the Art's Festival, chasing a particular duck all over the place. Eventually the duck got fed up and left, right before I was going to give him the remains of my ice cream. Oh well, I left some peaches on the ground for him to get later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the ducks!

    ReplyDelete