Sunday, February 13, 2011

Perfect Friday

This last Friday was a wonderful day. Nothing big or amazing happened. It was just full of small things that made it wonderful. For starters, waking up and realizing it is Friday is a good way to start any day.

I went to work and stopped to day hi to the to guy who runs the front desk just like I always do and he said: "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Natalie Portman?" No one ever has, and I personally don't see the resemblance, but it was a nice self esteem boost nonetheless.

Next my boyfriend had a box of Valentine's Day candy delivered to me at work which was sweet and thoughtful. My coworkers all agreed that I have the best boyfriend ever - and I am inclined to agree with them.

Then in the evening I got to have the missionaries over and a few people they have been teaching to watch a movie about Joseph Smith and talk about the Gospel. It was amazing to listen to one of the girls talk about how she was looking to find more hope and purpose in her life and that she was starting to feel like this was the place to find it.

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better. I got to spend the rest of the evening goofing off with my boyfriend and one of his friends from school. My life is so full of undeserved blessings and wonderful people. It often seems too good to be true.

1 comment: